Using mobilePLUS with RFID
A Packaged Mobile Data Capture Solution
Just as one size doesn’t usually fit all, one type of marking doesn’t always work when you’re tasked with tracking your assets. There are those items that are high profile, high value or just need a boost in visibility. These are the items that are prime candidates for RFID tags.
mobilePLUS was designed to enable you to track any and all of your assets – regardless of their markings. This includes the ability to leverage RFID on a select few – or all – of your assets. mobilePLUS also includes the functions to electronically record and report the transition your assets from traditional barcodes to RFID tags en masse or individually, from a handheld device – making this traditionally cumbersome process a little easier.
Combined with industry leading hardware and RFID technologies, mobilePLUS can fold RFID technology into your business processes to help you have confidence in your asset status –wherever they are located and however they are marked.
How Can mobilePLUS Leverage RFID?
The mission behind the mobilePLUS solution is to enable an accurate picture of your organization’s assets. Understanding anything about an asset begins with the label or tag. mobilePLUS has been designed to work with traditional barcodes, 2D barcodes and RFID. As a result, you have the freedom to use whatever marking you prefer across your enterprise – or within select asset sets. The choice is yours.
mobilePLUS uses industry-leading mobile devices like scanners and tablets to capture the data from RFID tags. Once captured, mobilePLUS communicates that information (along with any other updates from your staff) electronically to your business systems.
So if you have a need for RFID – mobilePLUS is ready. mobilePLUS can assist you with recording the application of the RFID tag to the asset, leveraging the tag for updates, and finally retiring the tag once the asset is out of use.
What are the Key Features & Benefits of using mobilePLUS with RFID?
• Record the application of RFID tags to any asset – from a mobile device
• Capture asset information from the RFID tag with a mobile device – without requiring a network connection
• Communicate asset data electronically – securely, quickly and accurately
• Initiate a history of the item from the application of the tag until the asset is ultimately retired
• Folds into your existing business processes
• Pre-configurable host and data setup
• Web-based communication for all Users with your existing IIS Server
• Can use a mix of markings (barcode and RFID) – and can change as you go
• Can frequently use equipment already in use in operations
• Packaged approach for implementation & support
• Leverages existing organization investments in equipment, databases, systems, networks
• Different configurations can be provided to different locations to meet specific needs
• Common solution for easy administration / training / data reporting
Where do I start?
The mobilePLUS bundle provides all of the components – hardware / software / services / support – for implementing a solution in your environment. Combining your existing resources – databases, networks, data/network security policies – and the mobilePLUS solution, you will be able to get started automating your inventory tasks within days – not months.
This pre-configured and bundled capability allows for a rapid implementation with low organizational investment, time and risk. And the faster you can conduct accurate inventories – the faster you’ll be generating accurate asset pictures for your financial reports and other planning tasks.
Want to know more?
In addition to PeopleSoft Assets, there are many tracking challenges that can benefit from using mobilePLUS. Labeling, Financial Reporting, Operations Planning, Surveys, other Inventories are just some of the areas where mobilePLUS can help. And here are some organizations that have had Successes with the mobilePLUS solution.
While this information gives you a quick idea of what mobilePLUS is all about – we’d like to hear about what your specific data and tracking challenges are and how we may be able to help. Just send us an email us or give us a call (636) 590-2900 and let’s talk.