Using mobilePLUS with Casual Connections
A Packaged Mobile Data Capture Solution
Even in this age of constant connection, you can’t always count on network coverage to be everywhere. And since an organization’s assets aren’t always stored in convenient places, coverage can become scarce. That’s why mobilePLUS was designed to handle Casual Connections – because sometimes you’re connected & sometimes you’re not.
mobilePLUS is all about accounting for any and all of your assets – regardless of where they’re located. Keeping track of them may require your team to head out to field locations or storage facilities where there may not be reliable coverage.
mobilePLUS arms your team with all of the functions needed to track your assets electronically. Whenever your staff returns to a covered location, the information accumulated during their tasks is seamlessly communicated to your business systems.
Combined with industry leading hardware and RFID technologies, mobilePLUS can accommodate a variety of environments to help you have confidence in your asset status –wherever they are located.
How Can mobilePLUS Leverage Casual Connections?
The mission behind the mobilePLUS solution is to enable an accurate picture of your organization’s assets. That can sometimes be a challenging task to automate for some stored items since the very nature of storage is to move things to an “out of the way” location.
mobilePLUS understands this predicament and works with you – and whatever network coverage that you have. As your team is conducting their inventory or data collection tasks, behind the scenes, mobilePLUS is looking for your network. Once found, data collected is sent to your business systems with all of the time/location information of when it was captured. As a result you have all of the data that you need quickly, securely and accurately – regardless if it was captured under coverage or outside of your network.
So if you have a mix of network coverage – mobilePLUS is ready. mobilePLUS can assist your staff with their inventory and audit tasks – wherever they need to perform them – without sacrificing data quality.
What are the Key Features & Benefits of using mobilePLUS with Casual Connections?
- Capture asset information with a mobile device – without requiring a network connection
- Communicate asset data electronically – securely, quickly and accurately – whenever coverage is found
- Enables your team to use one process approach for capturing data – regardless of where the asset resides
- Keeps the task easy to complete and minimizes the risks of data entry errors
- Creates a complete audit trail of activities and updates
- Pre-configurable host and data setup
- Web-based communication for all Users with your existing IIS Server
- Can use a mix of markings (barcode and RFID) – and can change as you go
- Can frequently use equipment already in use in operations
- Packaged approach for implementation & support
- Leverages existing organization investments in equipment, databases, systems, networks
- Different configurations can be provided to different locations to meet specific needs
- Common solution for easy administration / training / data reporting
Where do I start?
The mobilePLUS bundle provides all of the components – hardware / software / services / support – for implementing a solution in your environment. Combining your existing resources – databases, networks, data/network security policies – and the mobilePLUS solution, you will be able to get started automating your inventory tasks within days – not months.
This pre-configured and bundled capability allows for a rapid implementation with low organizational investment, time and risk. And the faster you can conduct accurate inventories – the faster you’ll be generating accurate asset pictures for your financial reports and other planning tasks.
Want to know more?
In addition to PeopleSoft Assets, there are many tracking challenges that can benefit from using mobilePLUS. Labeling, Financial Reporting, Operations Planning, Surveys, other Inventories are just some of the areas where mobilePLUS can help. And here are some organizations that have had Successes with the mobilePLUS solution.
While this information gives you a quick idea of what mobilePLUS is all about – we’d like to hear about what your specific data and tracking challenges are and how we may be able to help. Just send us an email us or give us a call (636) 590-2900 and let’s talk.